We’re seeking a capable, motivated individual to join our Board of Trustees to help shape the strategic growth of the organisation and to complement the skills and experience of the existing Trustees.
We are particularly interested in applications from:
- people with legal expertise, in particular relating to copyright, open data and contracts, or
- people with finance and/or fundraising backgrounds.
Interest and experience in family history would be beneficial, but not essential.
The key responsibilities of trustees are:
- Ensure Free UK Genealogy is carrying out our purposes for the public benefit
- Comply with Free UK Genealogy’s Constitution and the law
- Act in Free UK Genealogy’s best interests
- Manage Free UK Genealogy’s resources responsibly
- Act with reasonable care and skill; and
- Ensure Free UK Genealogy is accountable
Visit our Trustee page for more information